FAQs about the Davidson Academy’s Online Application System
Q. How do I access the Online Application System?
Visit the Davidson Academy How to Apply
page to access the link.
Q. Which web browsers can be used with the Online Application System?
To use the Online Application System, applicants must use the latest version of major web browsers, including Firefox, Chrome and Safari, with your resolution set to 1024 x 768 or higher.
- If using Internet Explorer, make sure you are using version 8.0 or later and don't turn on compatibility mode. Instructions on how to determine which version of IE you are using; download the latest version of Internet Explorer
- If using Firefox, make sure you are using version 18 or later. Instructions on how to determine which version you are using; download the latest version of Firefox
- If using Google Chrome make sure you are using version 24 or later. Google Chrome automatically updates whenever it detects that a new version of the browser is available. Check if you are using the most-recently updated version of Google Chrome.
- If using Safari make sure you are using version 5.1.0 or later. Instructions on how to determine which version you are using. If using Safari on a Mac, ensure you have the latest version. If using Safari on Windows, please select another browser as Apple is no longer supporting Safari on Windows.
Q. Can I use a tablet to access the Online Application System?
Tablets, such as iPads, are not supported and cannot be used to apply. However, tablets may be used if completing a Parent Form or Nominator Form.
Q. How do I turn off compatibility mode if I am using Internet Explorer as my web browser?
To make sure you are not in compatibility mode, please view the page, "How to Turn Internet Explorer Compatibility View On or Off for a Website."
Q. How do I log in to the system to start applying?
For first-time applicants, click on the link to the Online Application System which will take you to the login/registration screen. Click on Register.
If you are a Parent applying on behalf of your child(ren), please click on the Parent option on the registration screen. Once you complete the registration page, you must complete information and the birthdate for the student(s) applying.
- If you are the Applicant/Student, please click on that option and create one login account to use if you wish to apply for one or more Davidson programs.
- All users, please save your username and password. You will need your username and password to log back into the system. If you forget your password, you can click on "Forgot Your Password?" from the login screen, but you must know your username in order to recover your password.
Q. How do I navigate through the application?
Use the top, orange arrow graphics to move forward or backward through the various application screens. If "Submit" is the text displayed next to the arrow and you click it, then your application (or that portion of the application if you are in Section 1 of the Fellows process) will be officially submitted and you will not be able to make any additional edits. Your information will save each time you click the top, right navigation arrow.
Q. What if I receive a Server Error screen while I am in the Online Application System and have to close out?
The majority of server errors are from a session timeout error. If you are logged into the Online Application System and there is no new information submitted within a 60-minute timeframe, then your session will time out and you will receive a server error. Then, you will need to close out of the system and log back in. The system saves information when you click on the top arrow buttons. If you have not clicked on the top arrow button, it will not save the information you have input on that specific screen. Therefore, we recommend typing and saving your responses to open-ended questions in another program before pasting the text into the Online Application System.
Q. Will I be receiving any email notifications after I apply through the Online Application System?
Yes, you will be receiving email notifications and prompts from our email server. If you do not receive these emails after applying, your mail server may be identifying some of our email as spam. This has been especially true for Hotmail and MSN accounts. If these emails are in your spam folder, enable your anti-spam and parental control software to accept email from @davidsongifted.org by adding it to your list of safe senders. Directions for adding an email domain to the safe sender list in most email programs can be found online. For Hotmail and MSN accounts:
- Open your mailbox and click on the Tools icon in upper right hand corner, and select “Options”
- Under Preventing Junk Mail, click on Safe and Blocked Senders
- Click on Safe Senders
- Add “@davidsongifted.org” to the Sender or Domain To Mark as Safe box
- Click Add To List
- If the mailing is in your "Junk E-Mail Folder", open the email and click the "Not Junk" button.
- Check that the email address or domain is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to "Blocked Senders" instead of "Safe Senders". If you see the address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.