- The following tests are accepted as part of the application process. All tests submitted need to have been completed within the past two years.
- Please also refer to the information on specific testing requirements for applicants who are: in 6th grade and below, in 7th grade and above, homeschooled or reapplying.
Applicants are required to submit a full score report from AT LEAST ONE of the following tests administered during the past two years.
|Test Name||Score Guidelines|
|Stanford-Binet V (SB-V or SB-5)||Standard score of 145 or greater (99.9th percentile) for Full Scale or Verbal or Non-Verbal|
|Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - IV (WISC IV) ||Standard score of 145 or greater (99.9th percentile) for Full Scale or Verbal or Perceptual Reasoning |
|Differential Abilities Scale (DAS)||Differential Ability Scales-II Standard Score of 145 or greater (99.9th percentile) General Conceptual Ability or Nonverbal Reasoning|
COLLEGE ADMISSION/PLACEMENT EXAMS
|Test Name||Score Criteria|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) ||Qualified applicants must provide scores that meet or exceed the Verbal/Critical Reading OR Math OR Combined scores as indicated in the following table.|
Please note: The writing section of the SAT I will be considered as supplementary information.
|SAT I||GRADE 7||GRADE 8||GRADE 9||GRADE 10|
|ACT Assessment (ACT)||Qualified applicants must provide score reports that meet or exceed at least 3 out of 5 scores of those indicated in the following table.|
|ACT||Grade 7||Grade 8||Grade 9||Grade 10|
- The published testing criteria represent the 99.9th percentile and were established in consultation with national academic talent search organizations and other professionals in gifted education.
- Following initial review of an application, additional testing may be requested of applicant.
- Detection of omitted or falsified information may result in terminating the application review process or revoking acceptance and/or enrollment.
For Students in Grade 6 or Below
There are two testing submission options for applicants who are 6th grade at the time of application:
- Scores from the Explore test and an IQ testing report OR
- Scores from an ACT or SAT test. If an applicant chooses to submit an ACT or SAT test report, an IQ test report is not required.
Only applicants who are 6th grade and below (or homeschooled at this level) may submit EXPLORE assessment results. ACT and SAT scores for students at or below 6th grade will be considered. Please contact Admissions and Records for more information.
|EXPLORE||Qualified applicants must provide score reports that indicate at least 3 of the 5 scores meet or exceed those listed in the following table.|
For Students in Grade 7 or Above
Applicants who are Grade 7 or above may submit an SAT, ACT, or one of the IQ Test reports listed to meet the testing submission requirement. These students only need to submit one of these three tests.
For Homeschooled Students
Students who are being homeschooled at or below 6th grade level at the time of application should follow the instructions above “For Students in Grade 6 or Below.”
Homeschooled students who are being taught at a 7th grade level or higher must submit an ACT or SAT test report, and may submit IQ scores as supplementary information (in other words, all homeschool applicants need to submit achievement testing, not just IQ testing).
For Students Reapplying for Admission
Applicants who have previously applied and were declined admission are often asked to submit updated testing. Please email email@example.com to discuss what portions of the application need to be updated in order for an applicant to be reconsidered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about testing requirements.