How to Apply
The Davidson Academy of Nevada is a unique public school specifically designed to meet the needs of profoundly gifted middle and high school students. It is strongly recommended that applicants have, at minimum, 6th grade in progress at the time of application.
The Davidson Academy is looking for bright students who...
- score 99.9% or above on accepted intelligence tests and/or on the ACT, SAT or Explore test;
- perform at an academic level of advanced middle school or higher in all subjects;
- exhibit superior intellectual development and academic achievement;
- demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment; and
- are, or intend to be, residents of Nevada.
The Davidson Academy 2016-2017 school year application materials:
- Download the Application Instructions - 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Please see the Qualification Criteria page for information on specific testing requirements for applicants who are: in 7th grade or above; in 6th grade or below; homeschooled; or reapplying. Applicants should thoroughly review these testing submission requirements.
- Contact information from the following people who will be prompted to complete a Nominator Form that serves as a letter of recommendation:
- Mathematics teacher (required)
- English teacher (required)
- Other Teacher or Personal (required)
Next, access our Online Application System
to complete the application. If you have already applied for a Davidson Institute program using the Online Application System, you may use the same login information to apply for The Davidson Academy.
In order to minimize the chance of email sent by the online application system and the Applications Team being classified as spam by your email provider, please add @davidsongifted.org to your safe sender list and notify your Nominator and all parent/guardians to do the same. Please note the email address used by the online application system is an unmonitored mailbox and emails sent to that address will not be read. For further details on adding an email domain to your safe sender list, please search online or see our FAQ
: "Q. Will I be receiving any email notifications after I apply through the Online Application System?
".FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System More about the Davidson Academy Admissions Process:
Please direct admissions questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We strive to respond in a timely manner, usually within 48 hours of receiving your message.