How to Apply
The Davidson Academy of Nevada is a unique public school specifically designed to meet the needs of profoundly gifted middle and high school students. It is strongly recommended that applicants have, at minimum, 6th grade in progress at the time of application.
The Davidson Academy is looking for bright students who...
- score 99.9% or above on accepted intelligence tests and/or on the ACT, SAT or Explore test;
- perform at an academic level of advanced middle school or higher in all subjects;
- exhibit superior intellectual development and academic achievement;
- demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment; and
- are, or intend to be, residents of Nevada.
The deadline for application for the 2014-2015 school year has passed. The application for the 2015-2016 school year will be available later this summer. More about the Davidson Academy Admissions Process:
EXPLORE Test to be offered at The Davidson Academy in September
In conjunction with the University of Iowa’s Belin-Blank Exceptional Student Talent Search (BESTS), The Davidson Academy will serve as a test site for the two-hour EXPLORE® test on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014. The EXPLORE® test, developed by ACT for eighth graders, is an effective above-level test for younger students (grades 4-6), and provides the opportunity to demonstrate their advanced abilities. An EXPLORE® test score can be used in the context of eligibility criteria for the Davidson Young Scholars program as well as The Davidson Academy. The goal of BESTS is to discover students who need further educational challenge to fully realize their academic talent. The cost is $65 and the initial deadline to register is Monday, Sept. 1.
Please direct admissions questions to email@example.com
. We strive to respond in a timely manner, usually within 48 hours of receiving your message.