How to Apply
The Davidson Academy of Nevada is a unique public school specifically designed to meet the needs of profoundly gifted middle and high school students. It is strongly recommended that applicants have, at minimum, 6th grade in progress at the time of application.
The Davidson Academy is looking for bright students who...
- score 99.9% or above on accepted intelligence tests and/or on the ACT, SAT or Explore test;
- perform at an academic level of advanced middle school or higher in all subjects;
- exhibit superior intellectual development and academic achievement;
- demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment; and
- are, or intend to be, residents of Nevada.
The Davidson Academy 2014-2015 school year application materials:
As part of the Online Application System, you will need to provide a number of materials.
- Please see the Qualification Criteria page for information on specific testing requirements for applicants who are: in 7th grade or above; in 6th grade or below; homeschooled; or reapplying. Applicants should thoroughly review the testing submission requirements, prior to obtaining any testing, as they have been updated for the 2014-2015 school year, specifically with regard to individuals enrolled in 6th grade or below at the time of application. The information detailed below is correct and differs from information provided during previous tours.
- Contact information from:
- Mathematics teacher (required)
- English teacher (required)
- Generic Teacher or Personal (required)
These people will be prompted to complete a Nominator Form that serves as a letter of recommendation. Click here
for FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System.More about the Davidson Academy Admissions Process:
Please direct admissions questions to email@example.com
. We strive to respond in a timely manner, usually within 48 hours of receiving your message.