Careers at The Davidson Academy
With a growing student body, The Davidson Academy has ongoing career opportunities for tutors as well as full- and part-time instructors. The Academy is accepting resumes/ CV’s for all disciplines. First-time and experienced teachers are encouraged to apply. Internships and practicum opportunities are available for CTL students interested in working in profoundly gifted education.
- be beyond the half way point in a Master’s program with a current or pending secondary teaching license;
- exhibit a sincere desire to work with extremely bright kids in an academically rigorous environment;
- be open to input from the administrative team in regards to unfamiliar or nontraditional methods, policies and materials;
- show a willingness to modify curriculum, instruction and classroom management for continuous improvement;
- have a team-oriented attitude including team teaching, maintaining transparent teaching artifacts and being receptive to advice from mentors;
- maintain a positive rapport and build an effective partnership with involved parents;
- display a willingness and ability to support the rigors of providing individualized education to highly gifted students; and
- demonstrate patience, tenacity, solid problem solving skills and have a flair for innovation.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Small class sizes with highly-motivated, extremely bright students. Red tape is kept to a minimum for both teachers and students.
- Intimate school with a friendly, team-oriented environment.
- A high level of administrative support and access to a wide array of resources, via the university, that usually are not available to secondary instructors.
- The creative freedom to teach in ways that traditional public high schools generally do not allow and the latitude to teach subjects that traditionally do not appear in the secondary curricula.
Interested candidates please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resumes + 'Fill In Your Discipline'” in the subject line.