- The deadline for application for the 2013-2014 school year has passed. The application for the 2014-2015 school year will be available in July 2013.
- Sign-up for the monthly Davidson Academy eNewsletter - April Issue
The Davidson Academy has been ranked as one of the nation's "Top-performing schools with elite students" by the Washington Post's Jay Mathews.
The Academy also made Newsweek’s 2013 rankings of America’s Best High Schools.
Click here to view more news clips.
Not a charter school, The Davidson Academy is a third type of public school, called a "university school for profoundly gifted pupils" created by the Nevada State Legislature in 2005, Nevada Revised Statute 392A.
The Davidson Institute is now on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, with The Davidson Academy frequently featured!
A FREE Public Day School for Profoundly Gifted LearnersYou are unique.
We think your education should be too.
Our mission is to offer you advanced educational opportunities designed to specifically serve your needs, interests and goals.
In addition, we provide:
- A Personalized Learning Plan (PLP) that serves as a tool to guide us in meeting your unique needs;
- A wide range of courses and learning options, including: choices of levels of study to pursue in each of your courses; university honors courses; independent study opportunities; research opportunities; and more;
- The opportunity to build friendships, pursue extra-curricular activities, contribute to the community, and learn with intellectual peers;
- Access to the intellectual, cultural, athletic resources on the UNR campus, the Reno/Tahoe area, and the beauty of the Sierra Mountains.
*Eligible candidates have SAT, ACT or IQ scores in the top 1/10th of 1%, and perform academically at the middle or high school level.
Watch the Overview Video