Online High School - How to Apply
The Davidson Academy application for the online high school 2017-2018 school year is now available. The online high school final application deadline is April 15, 2017.
Davidson Academy's online high school option is specifically designed to meet the needs of profoundly gifted high school students. For the 2017-2018 academic year, courses for incoming freshmen and sophomores will be offered. Courses for juniors and seniors will be added in subsequent years.
Applicants must be in the process of completing at least 6th grade, at minimum, at the time of application and able to work at an accelerated level based on the following eligibility information.
Davidson Academy online high school is looking for bright students who:
- are 12 to 15 years old as of Sept. 30, 2017 (the 2017-2018 academic year);
- score at the 9th or 10th grade level on the ACT or SAT (see Online High School Qualification Criteria for score requirements);
- score 99.9% or above on intelligence tests (typically a score of 145 or above);
- reside in the United States;
- perform at a high school freshman academic level or above in all subjects;
- exhibit superior intellectual development and academic achievement;
- demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment; and
- are committed to actively participating in a full-time online educational environment.
As part of the application, you will need to provide a number of materials.
While the final online high school application deadline is April 15, 2017, as long as you have registered for a March SAT or April ACT and completed all other parts of the application, we will hold your application until these test scores are uploaded in our online application system:
Please send admissions questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.