DAO Webinar Series
The Davidson Academy Online team periodically hosts webinars to share best practices in online learning. These webinars are open to educators and parents and are one of the ways that we give back to the larger community of online and gifted education. While our online practices have been honed over years of research and implementation, we believe that attendees will be able to learn something valuable, regardless of their comfort level with technology. Additionally, while our curriculum is specifically designed for profoundly gifted students, our pedagogical practices are effective with all learners and in all classrooms.
The Davidson Academy is a public school dedicated to serving the needs of profoundly gifted students. Our online campus is a game-changer for profoundly gifted students. Open to students living anywhere in the United States, this accredited online option builds off the one-of-a-kind, the exceptional framework put in place by the Davidson Academy's Reno day school during the last decade. The result is a robust online community where students thrive. Since 2006, the Davidson Academy's Reno campus has been recognized as the best option for families with profoundly gifted middle and high school students living in the Reno area. Now, for those unable to relocate to Reno, the online campus offers a rigorous academic environment where students can learn and interact with same-age, intellectual peers.
The following webinars took place in summer 2020. An upcoming webinar series will be available next year. Please see video clips from the webinar series below.
- June 1, 2020; 1pm PT - Anyone? Anyone? Challenges of Teaching Math Online (Albert T. Lee & Arthur Pascual)
- June 8, 2020; 1pm PT - Teaching Humanities Online (Tracy Sangster, Carly Ghantous & Jessica Potts, PhD)
- June 15, 2020; 1:30pm PT - Supporting Social and Emotional Learning in Online Formats (Stacy Hawthorne, EdD, Erica Shumaker, & Jessica Potts, PhD)
- June 22, 2020; 1pm PT - Oral Assessment in Online World Language Classroom (Andrea Linardi de Minten & Yunxin Zhang)
- June 29, 2020; 1pm PT - Delivering Exceptional Specially Designed Instruction Online (Christi Hines-Coates)
- July 6, 2020; 1pm PT - Empowering Student-Led Learning with Online Tutoring Centers (Tracy Sangster & Arthur Pascual)
- July 13, 2020; 1pm PT - Labs in the Online Environment: Options that Work and Tips for Successful Implementation (Beth Verano & Christina Taylor)
- July 20, 2020; 1:30pm PT - Fostering Executive Functioning Skills in Online Learning (Erica Shumaker & Christi Hines-Coates)
View Davidson Academy Online Instructors & Staff.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.