Reno Day School - How to Apply
The information on this page is for students who plan to live in Reno, Nev. to attend the Davidson Academy public day school located on the University of Nevada, Reno campus. For those interested in Davidson Academy Online that starts with eighth grade for students living anywhere in the United States, please visit the Online section of our website.
The Davidson Academy in Reno, Nevada is a unique public school specifically designed to meet the needs of profoundly gifted middle and high school students. It is strongly recommended that applicants be in the process of completing 6th grade, at minimum, at the time of application.
The application for the Academy's day school in Reno, Nev. is now closed. The 2019-2020 application will open in August.
The Davidson Academy is looking for bright students who:
- score 99.9% or above on accepted intelligence tests and/or on the ACT, SAT or Explore tests;
- perform at an academic level of advanced middle school or higher in all subjects;
- exhibit superior intellectual development and academic achievement;
- demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment; and
- are, or intend to be, residents of Nevada.
The Academy's Reno School Application
As part of the application, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Please see the Reno school's Qualification Criteria page for information on specific testing requirements for applicants who are: in 7th grade or above; in 6th grade or below; homeschooled; or reapplying. Applicants should thoroughly review these testing submission requirements.
- Contact information for a:
These people will be prompted to complete a Nominator Form that serves as a letter of recommendation.
- Mathematics teacher (required)
- English teacher (required)
- Generic Teacher or Personal (required)
For additional details, please visit these Davidson Academy pages about the Reno school:
Please direct admissions questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to respond in a timely manner, usually within 48 hours of receiving your message.