To be eligible for the Davidson Academy, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Meet or exceed the minimum testing criteria for the grade they are currently enrolled in (Grades 6 and Below | Grades 7 and Above).
- Meet placement requirements for Davidson Academy curriculum, defined as advanced middle school curriculum or higher in all core subjects.
- Demonstrate social and emotional maturity, an overall readiness for a rigorous school, and individual student commitment to participate in an accelerated education.
- Are, or intend to be, residents of Nevada.
The Davidson Academy offers middle and high school credit courses, and students are working at least three years ahead in all subjects. It is highly recommended that applicants at minimum have 5th grade in progress at the time of application. Applicants who are not yet enrolled in 6th grade, still need to meet the minimum testing criteria for 6th grade in order to be considered.
The Davidson Academy is not able to consider applicants currently enrolled in 3rd grade or below at this time as the Davidson Academy is a middle and high school.
General Testing Submission Requirements
- Individual testing reports should meet or exceed the testing requirements for the grade level the applicants were at the time of testing (Grades 6 and Below | Grades 7 and Above) . Information provided by the parent or tester regarding the student’s testing experience or extenuating circumstances will be considered, although circumstances will not override test scores that fall significantly below the acceptance scores.
- Include an official, complete testing report with all pages included in a single attachment. Reports for individually administered IQ and achievement tests often include the tester’s observations, tests administered, test scores, explanation of findings, and recommendations. For talent search/college placement tests, a copy of an electronic or paper official score report from the talent search organization, College Board, or ACT can be submitted.
- Applicants who have previously applied, and were declined admission, may reach out to the “applications” email below for instructions about necessary documentation and testing needed to reapply.
- The published testing criteria were established in consultation with national academic talent search organizations and other professionals in gifted education.
- Following initial review of an application, additional testing may be requested of applicant.
- Detection of omitted or falsified information may result in terminating the application review process or revoking acceptance and/or enrollment.
For questions not addressed on these pages, please email email@example.com
. Emails will be answered within three to five business days.