The Davidson Academy’s Student Services Team (SST) – comprised of our school counselors and staff – works closely with the students, parents and faculty to assist with creating and monitoring each student’s Prospective Learning Plan (PLP). The SST is available to provide assistance with educational issues or other concerns that may arise. With a wide variety of educational backgrounds and experience, the SST is able to offer many different perspectives and solutions in guiding our students. We are fortunate to work with passionate professionals who absolutely love what they do, and continue to grow and learn more about the students they work with at the Academy. Our Student Services team offers a wide variety of support services including:
- Peer Advising Liaisons (PALs): Student leaders who communicate with faculty, staff, and students to identify academic skills that may need to be developed. They work with peers in one-on-one advising sessions to brainstorm, devise, modify, and implement strategies that facilitate academic progress. PALs also offer study skills presentations school-wide.
- Faculty–to–student and peer–to–peer tutoring for math, writing, history, and world language
- Character Strengths assessments and development
- Regular meetings with SST if desired
- Direct and personalized feedback
- Life Skills elective
- Structured programs for students with disabilities
For more information about the Davidson Academy, visit the School Profile page.