Just like the Prospective Learning Plan (PLP) process, college and career advising at Davidson Academy is individualized. We encourage our students to be in the driver’s seat with regard to planning their future, and our Student Services Team is there to assess student interest, provide resources, offer encouragement, and guide them as they work toward their goals. Our counselors are in a position to meet with students whenever they wish to begin exploring secondary and post-secondary options. College and career services include, but are not limited to, support in the following areas:
- Utilizing career and college planning tools available through the Academy including YouScience, Scoir, and College Kickstart
- Building resumes
- Guiding students toward direct experience opportunities, including internships
- Navigating college roadmaps
- Offering a College Seminar elective, informational college nights, and college application workshops
- Creating and refining a balanced college list based on student’s criteria
- Accessing financial planning resources and scholarship opportunities
Visit our School Profile to read some of the information that the Academy provides to colleges. To contact the College Advising team, please email email@example.com.
For more information about Davidson Academy graduates, including a list of colleges where they have been accepted, please visit Our Graduates page.