To be eligible for the Davidson Academy, applicants must:
- Meet or exceed the minimum eligibility criteria; documented through the online application process
- Exhibit an academic level of advanced middle school or higher in core course subjects that meets placement requirements for Davidson Academy curriculum
- Demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment; and
- It is strongly recommended that applicants at minimum have 5th grade in progress at the time of application.
Applicants will need to confirm they will be attending the Davidson Academy's public, day school on the University of Nevada, Reno campus for local residents. Accepted students will need to physically reside in Reno before the first day of school in August 2024.
- Access our Application System at https://davidsongifted.smapply.io/
- You will need to create a unique account per student applying.
- Parents will need create their own separate accounts and be added as a collaborator to the student's application.
- Once you are logged in, select Davidson Academy from the list of available programs.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter for updates on our application.
Applications are not considered complete until Parent Agreement Forms have been signed by each custodial parent, and the Recommendation Forms (English, Mathematics and General) have been submitted. See ‘Email Correspondence’ section below for more information regarding these forms.
Davidson Academy applications are reviewed on an individual basis to determine if an applicant meets initial eligibility requirements, if more information is needed, or if the Davidson Academy is not a good fit at that time. Upon review of the application, additional testing or information may be requested in order to determine the applicant’s eligibility.
In order to minimize the chance of email sent by the application system and the Applications Team being classified as spam by your email provider, please add @www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu to your safe sender list and notify your recommenders and all parent/guardians to do the same. Please note the email address used by the online application system, email@example.com, is an unmonitored mailbox and emails sent to that address will not be read. For further details on adding an email domain to your safe sender list, please search online or see our FAQ: "Q. Will I be receiving any email notifications after I apply through the Application System?".
Immediately upon submission of the application, each custodial parent and the listed recommender will receive emails with links to complete their respective forms. The application will not be considered complete until all these forms have been received by the Davidson Academy.
Parent/guardian(s) listed as the Primary Contact on the Parent/Guardian page of the application will receive emails at each of the following points:
- After submitting the online application, to notify you it has been received. At this point, any custodial parents listed will also receive a link to the Parent Form.
- Once a recommender has submitted their Recommendation Form.
- Once the entire application and forms are confirmed to be complete.
- If the application or forms are deemed incomplete, you will receive an email indicating next steps.
- Once the review period is complete and decisions have been made, all applicants will receive an email stating whether the applicant is invited to assess, not eligible, or if more information is needed.
Applicants who meet the Davidson Academy's eligibility criteria and application requirements will be invited to assessment. This process is unique for both campuses. See our Application Review Process.