The 2023-2024 application will be available in late October.
To use the Application System, applicants must use the latest version of modern web browsers, including Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- If using Microsoft Edge, make sure you are using version 15 or later. Microsoft Edge instructions on how to determine which version you are using.
- If using Firefox, make sure you are using version 44 or later. Firefox/Mozilla instructions on how to determine which version you are using; download the latest version of Firefox
- If using Google Chrome make sure you are using version 55 or later. Google Chrome automatically updates whenever it detects that a new version of the browser is available. Check if you are using the most-recently updated version of Google Chrome.
- If using Safari make sure you are using version 10 or later. Safari instructions on how to determine which version you are using. If you are on a Mac, ensure you have the latest Safari version. If using Safari on Windows, please select another browser as Apple is no longer supporting Safari on Windows.
The application system has been designed to be mobile friendly; however, you may still find it more efficient to work with the larger screen of a laptop or desktop computer if available.
For first-time applicants, click on the link to the Application System which will take you to the login/registration screen. Click on Register. allow you create your account. Once you have created your account you may start an application.
You may be receiving email notifications and prompts from our email server. If you do not receive these emails after applying, your mail server may be identifying some of our email as spam. This has been especially true for Hotmail and MSN accounts. If these emails are in your spam folder, enable your anti-spam and parental control software to accept email from @davidsongifted.org and @www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu by adding it to your list of safe senders. Directions for adding an email domain to the safe sender list in most email programs can be found online. For Hotmail and MSN accounts:
- Open your mailbox and click on the Tools icon in upper right hand corner, and select “Options”
- Under Preventing Junk Mail, click on Safe and Blocked Senders
- Click on Safe Senders
- Add “@davidsongifted.org” and "@www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu" to the Sender or Domain To Mark as Safe box
- Click Add To List
- If the mailing is in your "Junk E-Mail Folder", open the email and click the "Not Junk" button.
- Check that the email address or domain is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to "Blocked Senders" instead of "Safe Senders". If you see the address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.