Mission & Goals
Gifted children range from mildly and moderately to highly and profoundly gifted. Since profoundly gifted children are in the extreme range of intellectual needs, they are often underserved by schools, which must focus on their core mission of serving the majority of their student population.
The mission of the Davidson Academy is to provide profoundly gifted young people an advanced educational opportunity matched to their abilities, strengths and interests.
The goals of the Davidson Academy are:
- To allow students the opportunity to develop their talents and skills at an advanced level and be supported by teachers, professors, and other experts in their fields of interest;
- To provide students an opportunity to learn with intellectual peers;
- To provide students a learning environment that fosters integrity, personal responsibility, conscientious citizenship, understanding and an appreciation of individual differences, along with respect for others;
- To provide students guidance in identifying and developing their unique talents and abilities, counseling for the college application process, procurement of scholarships, and access to professional areas of interest and career counseling;
- To encourage students to develop their talents, abilities and leadership skills in positive ways while in pursuit of knowledge;
- To provide a Prospective Learning Plan (PLP) that appropriately challenges each student’s abilities, allowing them to engage in learning opportunities at a pace and depth consistent with the student’s knowledge, skills and personal motivations;
- To engage parents in the learning process and provide opportunities for understanding and nurturing their children.
“Being a student at the Davidson Academy has changed my life for the better in so many ways, and every day I’m so grateful that I decided to come to school here. I couldn’t imagine life without the Davidson Academy; this school has been my home ever since I walked through the door on my first day, and I hope you’ll make it your home, too. We’d love to have you!” ~Davidson Academy Student