To reach the communications department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 775-852-3483 ext. 410.
Davidson Academy Press Kit
The Davidson Academy is a third type of public school (not a charter school), called a “university school for profoundly gifted pupils” created by the Nevada State Legislature in 2005 (Nevada Revised Statute 388C).
Press Kit Links
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Our History
- Mission & Goals
- Bio for Bob Davidson, Founder
- Bio for Colleen Harsin, Davidson Academy Reno Director
- Davidson Academy eNewsletter (sent out bimonthly)
- Press Releases
- News Articles
Information about profoundly gifted students:
- What does Profoundly Gifted Mean? (Davidson Academy blog)
- Is My Child Gifted? (Davidson Gifted)
- Gifted Testing and Assessment (Davidson Gifted)
- Gifted Traits and Characteristics (Davidson Gifted)
- National Statistics – Why Our Nation Needs to Educate Our Gifted and Talented Youth (Davidson Gifted Blog)
- IQ and Educational Needs (Davidson Gifted Blog)
- Twelve Cost Effective Educational Options for Serving Gifted Students (Davidson Gifted Blog)
- Davidson Academy – For Profoundly Gifted Students: Overview Video
- Davidson Academy – Alumni Share Their Experiences: Video (transcript)
- Davidson Academy Online Campus: Overview Video (transcript)
- Watch this video (2009) to hear the Davidsons explain why they started the Davidson Academy.
- Watch this ABC Nightline video (2007) to learn more about the Davidson Academy.