The Davidson Academy’s Student Services Team (SST) – comprised of our school counselors, student advising manager, testing and accommodation plan manager, and student services manager - works closely with the students, parents and faculty to assist with creating and monitoring each student’s Personalized Learning Plan (PLP). The SST is available to provide assistance with educational issues or other concerns that may arise. With a wide variety of educational backgrounds and experience, the SST is able to offer many different perspectives and solutions in guiding our students. In all aspects of student services, every member of the Davidson Academy team works together to help our students grow socially, emotionally and academically. We are fortunate to work with passionate professionals who absolutely love what they do, and continue to grow and learn more about the students they work with at the Academy. Our Student Services team offers a wide variety of support services including:
- Peer Advising Liaisons (PALs): Student leaders who communicate with faculty, staff, and students to identify academic skills that may need to be developed. They work with peers in one-on-one advising sessions to brainstorm, devise, modify, and implement strategies that facilitate academic progress. PALs also offer study skills presentations school-wide.
- Faculty to student and peer to peer tutoring for math, writing, history, and foreign language
- Character Strengths assessments and development
- Regular meetings with SST if desired
- Direct and personalized feedback
- Community Meetings
- Life Skills elective
- Stress awareness/management
- Referrals to excellent professionals in our community
- Mindful based stress reduction for teens (MBSR-T)
For more information about the Davidson Academy, visit the School Profile page.